Saturday, March 15, 2008

NEW TO BLOGGING

Wow, my first blog! The page is blank and I get to talk about whatever I want.

I could talk about my garden but since I'm in Michigan, that would be my gardens of the past or my forthcoming garden. I'm sure I'll get around to mentioning both, plus posting pictures. I could also talk about my houseplants. Just like me, my houseplants are more than ready to get out of the house and bask in some real light and warmth.
Today, however, I'll talk about my shop on etsy. I registered on etsy in January but actually set up my shop about a month ago. I have slowly added inventory since then. I create art using pressed plant material and garden photography. I use a microwave press and phone books to press. I use a digital camera (Sony) for photographs. My favorite flowers to press are pansies and violas. (They are so beautiful and their "faces" are so interesting.) Most of my art pieces are quotes or sayings embellished with pressed flower arrangements. I like to think when people look at these art pieces they will smile and feel a bit happier about life. The other items in my shop are bookmarks which I create using photographs and scans of my pressed flower arrangements. I embellish the bookmarks with real pressed flowers. Don't beautiful bookmarks add to the enjoyment of a good book!

2 comments:

Barbee' said...

WOW! I can't believe I have read all the way to the end! I found you on Blotanical and came over to read awhile. Your blog is great. You write on such a variety of subjects! Keep up the good work. Thank you.

Gardens by T said...

Thank you for your kind words Barbee.