Wednesday, March 26, 2008

GYM TODAY

My visit to the gym today was more informative than usual. While riding the bike I looked through a couple of issues of "Good Housekeeping". First, there was an article that gave instructions for a really cute craft project. Hopefully I remember it correctly. You need yarn (cut into strips), any size bowl, white glue, and plastic wrap. Cover the outside of the bowl with plastic wrap, dip yarn strips in glue and make a design around the bowl, leave the yarn -wrapped bowl to dry overnight. Remove the bowl and plastic and you'll have a neat yarn sculpture. I'm going to make this soon and I'll let you know how it turns out .
The next article I found was a recipe for kale chips. Kale chips? That's what I thought. The recipe was very simple. Remove any large stalks from kale, place kale leaves on cookie sheet, spray with oil and season with kosher salt. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. I do have a bag of kale in the refrigerator so maybe I'll try this soon. I hope I got the time and temperature correct. I'd better check this tomorrow.
While I was on the treadmill, I noticed the person on the treadmill next to me was talking on her cell. I couldn't help but overhear, she was ordering a pizza, a large pizza with lots of toppings. I had to laugh to myself as I wondered if the size of her pizza order reflected the length of time she had spent on the treadmill. This gives a new meaning to the term, "meal preparation" doesn't it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kale chips huh? Interesting at least. :)