Sunday, November 23, 2008

WHAT WAS I THINKING

How many times have you done something that you wonder "what was I thinking"? Lately I feel like I'm practicing to participate in the "what were you thinking" Olympics. My latest antic was locking myself inside the gates surrounding the pool area at my son's condo. I wasn't sure the key I picked up as I left his house was the correct key but of course if it didn't work I would come back and find the right key. However, someone had left the pool gate ajar so I just walked in. As the gate slammed behind me the little voice inside my head warned me I didn't have the right key. The voice was right, I was locked inside and no one was around. I had planned to relax in one of the lounge chairs near the pool and finish my mystery. I had on a t -shirt, light -weight pants and sandals but It was a much cooler day than I'd anticipated. After about twenty minutes I was feeling pretty darn chilly so I warmed my feet in the hot tub. I sat there reading while hoping someone would come to use the tub or that my family would realize I hadn't gone for a walk. I finished my book and began to pace around wondering what the neighbors were all doing on a quiet afternoon. Where were the dog walkers! Just as I thought I would need to lay out a plan to climb the fence, a neighbor walked by with her two little dogs. She alerted my son and I was saved. Thank goodness.

2 comments:

Kim Caro said...

glad you were found :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that must have been really scary for you. I once locked myself out of the house. Felt real foolish.
Haven't heard from you for a while. Drop by when you can.