Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day

What a day, what a day!! For a couple of months I had been channel surfing among the all-news stations, even spending a little time listening to the Fox talking heads. I fell asleep with the TV and woke up with the TV. My emotions and moods changed with the results of each new poll. This last week my shoulders started to ache and my right eye started to twitch. My anticipation was so great I could hardly think of anything other than election day results. Last night I flipped through channels, listened to opinions and forecasts as the numbers slowly came in. When Pennsylvania turned blue, I allowed myself to relax a little. The electoral votes stood at 209 for much too long. Then Virginia and Nevada were declared blue. All of a sudden someone was announcing that Barack Obama was President-elect. Unbelievable!! The first thing I thought was, I wish my Dad were alive to witness the election of an African-American man as president of the United States. He would have been so proud, so proud!

1 comment:

Vylat said...

It was a historic moment, one that many felt would never happen. Only in America!